Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Progress

No time to write a novella today. I have a doctor's appointment this morning and will spend the rest of the day running errands. When you live in the Middle of Nowhere, you have to plan ahead when you leave the old home place. But as it's the first of the month, it's time for a progress photo. It will look remarkably like the one in yesterday's entry. All I had to do was take off the jacket.

You'll notice I'm not wearing shoes. If I didn't have to go out, I would not be wearing them today, either. Next time I get the bright idea to walk eight miles, someone slap me. One of my errands is to find good, cushioned athletic socks. I used to wear a brand called WigWam, and they were excellent.

The good thing is that the rest of me feels great – especially mentally. Even though my pace was slow – only about 3.2 miles per hour – I got my heart rate up and felt like I'd really accomplished a good, hard workout. The additional three miles included two killer hills, a total of eight for the whole route.

Next month I'll put the January photo beside the April photo to see if there's a discernible difference. I hope to be pleasantly surprised. I also hope to be wearing jeans!

No comments: