Friday, March 17, 2006

I like to move it, move it

I chose not to work out Wednesday, as I do think it's important to have one rest day per week. [Even Jillian and Bob give the Losers a day off!] So yesterday I got back to bid-ness. And even though it was a lovely day – mid 50s, gentle breeze, sunny – I worked out on the rowing machine and treadmill, 30 minutes each.

Just an hour of intentional activity really got me revved up, and I got a lot accomplished yesterday. Vacuumed the office, changed the bath and bed linens, cleaned the glass on the front door [which should probably be done every day, but isn't!] and mopped the floors in the house. By mid-afternoon, I was ready to sit and knit and watch the opening rounds of the NCAA tournaments.

I had a bit of a snack attack in the late afternoon, so instead of eating the prescribed eDiet dinner, I just counted the Triscuits and low-fat cheese as dinner. Calorie count came in nearly the same as it would have been, although I can't say the nutritional value was even close.

Syracuse lost in the first round. I didn't stay up to watch the game, but I'm disappointed they didn't advance. They had an amazing run toward the end of their regular season, and it would have been fun to watch them continue.

And if I'm going to get everything done today that needs to get done before the WVU game at three-ish, I'd better get moving.

No comments: