Thursday, May 24, 2007

Okay, I forgot about ...

After I pressed "Publish" a couple hours ago, I thought about that thing I just did. You know, that thing in April, the thing I started training for in January, that race? And I realized that I can accomplish something new and challenging, and I can even do it by breaking it down and setting small goals and pushing myself beyond my limits.

Now I need to translate that success, that achievement, that dream into this other one that's been plaguing me since I was, oh, eleven or so.

Also? I've been online or on the phone looking for a summer photography class ever since I posted the first time today. No luck yet, but at least I'm looking. That's better than wishing, or waiting for it to magically appear.

7 comments:

Mary Gee said...

I have faith that I can do just about anything - except lose weight! Aren't I a joy today?

Jennette Fulda said...

That is an awesome photo! I love the smile on your face.

Grumpy Chair said...

I agree with pasta queen - love the photo. Looks like it should be a poster . . .

Shauna said...

what a brilliant photo... so triumphant! you look like a total athlete :)

Lori G. said...

I love the photo too! Great smile and great everything.

If you find such a photography class, let me know; I'll sign up too.

Jack Sprat said...

Debbi:

This is a topic that is on my mind lately. The only thing I can say is "lose weight by the calendar and not the clock." I've been working on small victories and being satisfied with incremental progress. But I know I can't just "settle" for those teeny changes ... I need to string them together.

I have this huge ambivalence -- I am certain that if I ate within my points for an entire week and exercised a normal amount the entire week, I would see some kind of result. But that seems so daunting. Seven days, that's 168 hours of staying on track!!

At the moment I'm working on TWO HOUR increments. (So far my primary succes is while I'm ASLEEP!). I know I have to get to 24 hour increments at some point, or I'll never get back to my goal.

So, I dunno... focus on stuff we CAN control, while "doing our best" on the things we can't??

When you find the CURE, call me.

-J

Laura N said...

Wow, you look awesome! What a fabulous photo.