Friday, May 11, 2007

Friday Quote Day

Vitality shows in not only
the ability to persist
but the ability to start over.

F. Scott Fitzgerald

Every day's a new day! You can start over any time! How about right now? Heh.

I'm trying to determine whether it was the four-pound whoosh, all the compliments at the hairdresser's or the flat tire that started my recent derailment. Something happened Tuesday – or, maybe, nothing happened Tuesday, maybe it was just time for a break – and I hope it's over.

Because something kind of "clicked" last night at dinner and I've felt pretty good ever since.

Wanting it won't make it so. Action needs to follow desire. Wishin' and hopin' won't get 'er done.

Have I used up every possible cliché to suit this situation? Add yours to the list! While you're doing that, I'm going for a run.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

even though i'm great at feeling sorry for myself, i have learned that indeed every day IS a new day... there's no use harboring over the past because you can't change it - only moving forward will help you grow... being able to accept imperfections is one of the greatest lessons i have learned... :o)

Jack Sprat said...

* No time like the present
*A year from now you'll be glad you started today
* Its about change not chance
* Time to clean the slate, not the plate

I'll be back if I can think of more!!

Anonymous said...

If you think you can, you're right.
If you think you can't, you're right.
You get to pick which it will be.

Laura N said...

An apple a day keeps the doctor away.

That's all I got.

Glad to hear you're back on track. It feels icky to be off, ya know?

Hey, I meant to post this yesterday, but I realized the other day while I was running on the treadmill that it was your blog that got me doing C25K. I started reading you last year around this time, when Angry Fat Girlz got going, and I'm pretty sure it was your blog that had a link to coolrunning.com and it was you who indirectly got me running. Amazing how you can influence people and not even know it.

Anonymous said...

If wishes were horses, then beggers would ride...
A journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step...
A minute on the lips, forever on the hips...
"Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent."
-- Marlene vos Savant
"Start by doing what's necessary, then do what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible."
-- Saint Francis of Assisi
"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
-- Helen Keller
"You must do the thing you think you cannot do."
-- Eleanor Roosevelt

OK, so I got a little carried away...collecting quotes is one of my hobbies!

I know one thing for sure - I've been in the same situation many times. I get "in the zone," I'm feeling good, and suddenly something - usually something small - often something undefinable just totally derails me. VERY frustrating.

Hope you're back on track and feeling good by the time you read this. Just remember...I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...

denise

Mary Christine said...

Gosh, I don't have anything more to add... other than, Hope you had a great run.