Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Data check

Well, all those runner-type folks sure knew what they were talkin' about when they warned me that I wouldn't lose any weight while I was in training. They also said it would be worth it, and they were abso-f'in-lutely right. Whatever disappointment I had at maintaining my weight for the four months of training was gone, erased, wiped out when I finished the half-marathon.

"They" then said I could expect to get back on track once I stopped training so hard and started eating normally again. Once again, they were right.

Four pounds down this week, thankyouverymuch. The only other time since January, 2006, that I've lost more than that in one week was prepping for a colonoscopy. Heh.

Here's the weird part: I ran a total of 20 miles [and walked almost two] this week, lifted weights three times and ate a very satisfying average of 1400 calories per day. I've also consciously consumed more water than I usually do – easier to do now that it's warmer here in the Middle of Nowhere.

That's now normal people lose weight!

I think I need to go lie down.

If you were here early yesterday, I made one revision to the recipe – I mixed a tablespoon or so of cornstarch with the water before I added it to the stew.

Busy day today, no time to blog more. I hope your data checks out as favorably as mine did.

6 comments:

Grumpy Chair said...

Congratulations!!!

Even better, you didn't have to go through the "prep" for a colonoscopy.

Lori G. said...

Congratulations! That's really wonderful news. I hope your day goes smoothly!

ws said...

congratulations...

[though I'm more than a little bit jealous]

Patti Erickson said...

Way to go on the weight loss! I'm hoping to become "normal" soon!

Unknown said...

Woo hoo! And even though the race training didn't lead to big weight losses, you will see that it also pays off now in a fitter body that can burn, baby, burn.

Unknown said...

thank you for this post today - i have been training for a 5K and haven't lost much at all (i've lost inches though)... i'm even doing WW and after 2 weeks of losing, i'm up this week - so i'm pretty frustrated... a nutritionist told my group that you'd burn an average of 100 calories for every mile ran and that certainly isn't a lot... but if i'm jogging 6x week, why in the hell isn't the scale being my friend? i just don't get it! :o(