Tuesday, January 30, 2007

She's up, she's down, she's up, she's down …

she's up. But just one pound. I thought, based on a mid-week scale hop, it might be three. Did I dodge a bullet or what? Heh.

Something I did on weigh-in day when I started the eDiets plan was to calculate my average daily number of calories eaten and burned for the previous week. I haven't done that for a while, so I went back and checked this week's numbers. I'm not surprised at the totals, based on past experience.
This week's average daily intake = 1144 calories
This week's average daily burn = 464 calories
The calorie burn is based on CalorieKing's figures, not the number my treadmill or rowing machine displays. CK's numbers are always lower than the equipment read-out.

Anyhoo, I should be losing weight with those numbers, but obviously something's not right. This week's mission is to be even more vigilant about writing everything down. When I'm tired or in a hurry, or when the computer isn't handy, I tend to ignore or forget what I've ingested.

Until it lands on my hips and shows up on the scale.

For Barbra, who asked yesterday if I still used a pedometer, I haven't been lately. I know that if I get four miles of intentional walking and/or running in, the rest of my daily activity will get me up to 10,000 steps. I usually clip it on once a week just for a spot check.

The satellite issue continues, and someone is coming out this afternoon for a trouble call. I need to work out and clean house this morning, but it's still early. Plenty of time to go see what the rest of you have been up to. Has anyone been written about in the Wall Street Journal lately?

Eighty-eight days until race day.

3 comments:

Amy said...

i got to be a fat girl in the wall street journal. my mom would be so proud.

ADasa said...

Are you eating enough calories? I know that I tend to undereat which seriously slows down my progress. Eating more has been a difficult thing for me. Honestly. Maybe try 1,500 calories daily? D

mehitabel said...

I don't trust scales that much anyway. Mine says I'm down almost 10 lbs, and my "fat" jeans are starting to fall down, but my shape is still blobby and to me I look fatter than ever! But I think you have a healthy attitude toward the scale--and besides, muscle is heavier than fat, and you've really been building up the muscles, so...