Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Pop-ups still popping up

See?These are the ones I started New Year's Eve day, and finished last night. Paton's SWS [which stands for Soy Wool Stripes] is the yarn, and I still have enough left from two balls to make a pair of fingerless gloves. I think. Or I could combine it with some solid tan or pink for a coordinating hat. This yarn is soft as buttah; it would be a shame not to knit and wear it.

None of my winter outerwear, however, is burgundy, pink or tan, which is what those colors are supposed to be. Oh, well. A fashion plate I'm not. But you already knew that after you saw yesterday's photos, didn't you.
Heh.

Thank you for your kind words and for not laughing so loud I could hear you all the way out here in the Middle of Nowhere. Once again your comments have spurred me on to be a better little weight-loss blogger. And the best way to do that is to be a better weight-loser. I forgot to mention it yesterday, but I lost a pound on my Monday-morning date with the bathroom scale. Weigh-ins have been haphazard and depressing around here lately, so that was a pleasant and welcome surprise.

I ran in the morning, then watched West Virginia win the Gator Bowl. We had guests and that always makes watching a game more fun. When you don't drink and you're trying to eat sensibly, the fun has to come from the football. A vegetable platter, low-fat cheese and diet soda just aren't too exciting. Our victory celebration dinner was all the good-luck New Year's foods I could manage: roastsed pork tenderloin, sauerkraut with apples, steamed carrot 'coins' and Hoppin' John, which I lighten up by using cooking spray and Canadian bacon. I also served roasted root vegetables, deviled eggs and a sugar-free apple pie. Sounds like a lot of food, but I was careful and didn't stuff myself.

I feel so damned lucky.

I fell asleep during the Fiesta Bowl, but Mr. Shrinking Knitter said it was the most exciting game he's ever seen. ESPN said the same thing.

I've already blown Project 365, as I didn't think to take a single picture yesterday. Good thing that wasn't a resolution! I think when the new camera lens gets here I won't have any trouble at all taking pictures every day.

Yesterday morning held a promise of spring; I ran in just a t-shirt and sweatpants. But the weather turned suddenly in the late afternoon, with lowering clouds, lots of wind and spitting rain. It's in the low 30s now, but maybe by this afternoon I can get outside for a long run. Haven't done one in quite a while and I think it's high time.

And now that all the holiday hoopla is over and we can get back to normal – whatever that is – I hope you have the best normal day you've ever had!

Hey … it could happen.

3 comments:

Vickie said...

Maybe you've already read this - but this reminded me so much of you and your "work" -
http://www.skinnydailypost.com/archives/2003_03_23_skinnydaily_archive.html#000237

Anonymous said...

SK, thank you so much for writing your blog and sharing your life with me. I am now looking for my pedometer, picking up the knitting needles, exercising more, cutting out sugar, writing my thoughts on paper, volunteering with a smile, reading other inspirational blogs (that you have recommended) and the list could go on and on! You're a real inspiration! Please continue!!!

365 Dresses said...

Love those mittens.I'm so surprised how much I enjoy reading your blog everyday.
You did inspire me to start my own blog (www.thethreadmill.blogspot.com)but righ now it is limited to food, fashion and Paris. I'm not sure I can bare my soul on my weight loss journey. I do see the therapeutic value however!
Cheers, Debbi, you are inspiring!