Sunday, January 07, 2007

Oh, now I get it!

That's how you're supposed to use a scale!

So I mentioned the ODD story [that would be Obesity Drug for Dogs] to Mr. Shrinking Knitter, whose immediate comment was that humans control what dogs eat – dogs aren't tempted by commercials or ads or even tasty offerings in the buffet line at Ryan's. Oops! Where did that come from? Heh.

Dogs are tempted by smells; just open a can of tuna in my kitchen and you'll hear little doggy toenails clickety-clacking all over the house, hoping I'll dump the fishy water in their bowls. But they sure can't dump it themselves.

The very idea of developing a canine weight-loss drug means just one thing: Pharmaceutical makers have done their research. Pet owners will buy anything. Oh, and also? Their patents must be running out and they need to pump up their profit centers.

Grrrrr.

On today's training schedule is a four-mile run. I haven't run four straight miles in 10 years, folks. Film at eleven.

1 comment:

Susie H said...

Very funny pic, and very stooopid about the pet weight loss pharmaceuticals...

Just to let you know, I've put up a link to this blog on my weight loss/health blog page (knitfarmhealthspa.blogspot.com)- I just love reading your posts, and wanted to share you with the world :)



Susie