Sunday, February 04, 2007

Super Bowl X-treme Knitting

The Super Bowl should be on from about 6:00 to 10:00 p.m., Eastern time in the U.S., not counting the bulk of the pre-game hype, but counting the half-hour Kickoff show. So, four hours of fun and games. It just so happens that I have four knitting projects on the needles, three socks and yet another beret. I'm going to force myself to work on one project per hour, and hope I get something finished.

I'm close to finishing two of the socks, each of which are half a pair. The third sock is only about three inches long so far, so not even close to done. But when it is, I'll have a new pair to throw into the wearing rotation. I've started the decreases on the crown of the beret, and am using size 8 needles so it should go fairly quickly. I might finish it in less than an hour.

At any rate, if the game is exciting I'll surely be knitting more quickly. And if it's a runaway for the Colts, I'll be in such a good mood that I won't mind four hours of fairly boring knitting.

May your favorite team win, as long as they're from Indianapolis!

No comments: