Saturday, February 17, 2007

One more treadmill weekend … sigh

Mid-30s and snow forecast for today, which means this week's eight-mile long run will again be indoors. I checked the movie schedule. Rocky II is on a non-Pay-Per-View channel. I have the DVD, but it won't play in the DVD player in the room where the treadmill is.

Then there's a PPV movie called Invincible that looks good to a sports nut like me. Thirty-year-old guy gets to play pro football with the Philadelphia Eagles.

I think I'll go with the latter.

I haven't updated the knitting 'completed projects' list lately, but I do have a couple new finished things, both baby gifts. One is this pair of little baby driving moccasins. I should have put something in for scale; they are four inches long from heel to toe. The pattern is from Vogue On the Go Baby Knits II. I think. The moccasins are on the cover.

The other is from Vogue On the Go Baby Gifts, and is the doll illustrated on the cover of that book.

I'm easily sucked in by cover photos.

I'll try to get a photo of my version of the doll up in a day or two.

Right now I'm off to play Super Scrabble with Mr. Shrinking Knitter, and then run eight miles. The rest of the day will be spent waiting for the next round of snow.

Seventy days until race day.

No comments: