Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Cabin fever

You would have no trouble finding a spot of white this morning in the Middle of Nowhere to get a white balance setting on your camera. Not that I did that or anything ... I just pointed the camera out the front door and clicked the shutter. Heh.

Let's see. Last Thursday I went to the grocery. Friday, Saturday and Sunday I didn't leave the house. I went to the post office and a neighbor's Monday afternoon for two hours, and went to the post office yesterday. The post office is less than a mile from my house, as is my neighbor.

Normally I would have gone to the prison both Monday and Tuesday evenings, but I cancelled Monday's class and was supposed to have gone to a meeting in town last night at 6:30 to discuss the creation of an art community here in my county. It started snowing about 4 p.m.; an hour later the roads were covered.

Meaning I was staying home.

Mr. Shrinking Knitter and I have frequently said that if the road conditions were such that we needed a four-wheel drive vehicle to get around, we'd just stay home.

To tell you the truth, I wish I'd had a four-wheel drive last night.

Yesterday was a rest or cross-training day, so I decided to meet Gilad. I had previously recorded one of his half-hour shows from FitTV, so I did that, and then worked out to another one from the FitTV line-up. I kept lifting dumbbells or marching in place during the commercials and figure I spent a good 50 minutes working up a sweat with him on the beach. Don't tell my husband! Heh.

According to CalorieKing, that burned slightly more than 400 calories, and I ate 1382, give or take. I can see how dieters have trouble eating 1500 calories – or more! – daily.

CalorieKing doesn't give you any credit for knitting, but I finished my little ribbed cap yesterday and am wearing it right now. Along with a sweatshirt and pajamas and wool slippers. It's much warmer this morning than it was yesterday or the day before, though, so I guess I should count my blessings.

I'm having a little trouble feeling grateful today, and I'm going to work on that as the day goes on. Mr. Shrinking Knitter got some wonderful career news yesterday, so I'm very happy about that. But the rest of life seems grey and plain and dull.

Well, actually, it's not grey. It's very, very white.

Eighty days until race day.

1 comment:

Lori G. said...

It's just a drab, cold, cold time of year. It's all I can stand to do to go to work and then go to swim class. YUCK.

It's the hibernating weather.

You're keeping busy with Gilad, dumbbells, and treadmills. Sometimes it's nice to be inside. I know your students miss you but you have to be careful out there.

It will be sunny and clear again soon. Right?