Thursday, August 24, 2006

I'm lovin' it

The weather here in the Middle of Nowhere, that is.

It's been sunny lately, with temperatures in the low 80s and low humidity. Perfect for outdoor exercising. If it could stay like this all year round, I would be one happy Shrinking Knitter. We could use a little rain, which isn't in the forecast, but this great hint-of-fall weather is the best for my walking/jogging routine.

To respond to a couple of comments, elizabethd asked if I use yoga DVDs or follow a routine of my own. I use Susanne Deason's DVD called "Yoga Conditioning for Weight Loss." I have several yoga DVDs, but this is the one I like best. I can follow one of four modifications, it lasts a reasonable amount of time and I feel like I've really stretched my muscles when I'm finished.

Greta talked about genetic fat distribution, and I won't dispute her. I will say, though, that the pants I've been trying on which are too big in the hips, but too small in the waist, are pants I was able to wear three years ago when I weighed 10 pounds more than I do now. I am apparently carrying my weight differently now than I did then. I still have quite a few pounds to lose to get to my goal, though, so eventually I think it will disappear. Certainly 10 years ago, after I'd lost more than 50 pounds, I didn't have any trouble wearing a size 8. Which would probably be a 6 now.

Which sounds impossible.

I was at Sam's Club yesterday and picked up a denim skirt. There are no fitting rooms at Sam's, so I held it up to me and picked the size [14] that looked like it would fit, keeping in mind that my waist is the problem area. It's too big! Back it goes ... I'm at a point where if I can wear a smaller size, I'll plunk down the money for it, rather than try to shrink or alter something that doesn't fit.

Six months ago, a size 12 sounded impossible.

I'm lovin' it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just a quick thank you for the link to dj steveboy's podcasts - they're the perfect background motivator for a hugely boring freelance writing project I'm working on - weird, I know. If you like Suzanne's yoga, I recommend her Pilates for Weight Loss - a good workout and it's set in Hawaii.