- Ticks just show up. You don't even have to be looking for them. For instance, how many times do you look at the cuff of your sock while you're running up a hill?
- And speaking of running up hills, it's easier if you don't look up at the horizon or down at your shoes. But try running up a hill knowing you can't look up or down.
- A live snake crossing the road in front of you is scarier than someone pulling out in front of you in a car.
- Dead possums smell. Dead deer stink.
- A cotton bandana can hold a finite amount of sweat.
- Running in thick fog feels like swimming in air. Except you don't get cooled off.
- The number of things left to do before you leave on a trip increases in proportion to the time you have left before you get on the plane. And several things will go wrong.
Wednesday, August 02, 2006
Deep Random Thoughts
by the Shrinking Knitter: