Thursday, February 23, 2006

Still on the home stretch

I didn't finish OD's I-cord edging last night. I think I'm about a quarter of the way finished, and since I'm going out for lunch on Saturday I have an incentive to finish it today. That'll give me a day to wash/dry/block it. It's superwash wool, and I'm a little concerned about how it's going to look. Yes, I should have washed a swatch. I probably should have knit a swatch, but it does fit, so I lucked out there. Photo tomorrow.

With all that snow yesterday, I chose to work out inside, and did two different videos. I sometimes feel very silly exercising to a video/DVD, but I must admit that I work up at least as much of a sweat doing them as I do on the rowing machine or treadmill. I won't do them when someone else is around, and I even find myself wondering what the dogs are thinking as I step/kick/punch my way around the living room. I also dust- and damp-mopped the enormous floor and hallway, and I already need to do it again this morning. There's something about damp grass, dog footprints and clean floors that just doesn't go together. I do wipe their feet when they come in, but it seems like there's some kind of film or something on the floor that just absorbs their footprints. Cleaning my floors is an endless chore. But at least they're clean! I could never say that about the wall-to-wall carpeting.

The snow was gone from the roads and driveway by mid-afternoon, but I didn't walk down to get the mail. Didn't drive down, either. I think it took about two hours to clean the floors, and I was too tired after that to do anything but sit on my ass and work on the jacket.

No comments: