Wednesday, February 22, 2006

On the OD home stretch

But first, a message from the letter "S" – as in snow! I truly had no idea we were to get quite this much snow, and had planned to go to town today. Oh, well. Looks like I won't even be going to the post office if this keeps up. And it's definitely keeping up! Or, rather, down. Big dog Molly loves it. She's very furry [part Australian shepherd] and getting on in years, but she acts like a puppy when there's snow on the ground.

Okay, the knitting is done on the Optically Delusional. I've found myself clicking on just about every pattern link that pops up on the various knitting lists and websites I read and visit. Must. Be. Getting. Bored. With. Garter. Stitch. I have to do the I-cord edging on the second sleeve, sew that seam and the second side seam and then do an I-cord edging around the entire garment. So the knitting isn't really done, but the bulk of it is. And since winter has decided to hang on, I'll actually be able to wear it this season.

Good thing, too, since it's going to be too big for me next year. heheheh

So, I worked out yesterday. I'd done an upper-body weight routine Monday, and did a legs-and-abs routine yesterday. Toward the end, I started feeling hypoglycemic – shaky, sweaty, lightheaded, nauseous. I didn't check my blood sugar because I'd eaten about an hour prior to starting the workout. I shouldn't have felt so bad. It could have been a drop in blood pressure, I suppose. I finished the workout, did a little bit of cardio work and walked to the post office and back for a total of 85 minutes. I couldn't do another minute of anything.

Television-viewing was seriously annoying last night. I was flipping back and forth between the Olympics and American Idol, a program I've never watched until this year. In the interest of full disclosure, I only watched the first show this year. Some of those people certainly don't have self-esteem issues is all I'm going to say.

So, flip to the Olympics. Commercial. Flip to Idol. Commercial. Over and over again. Good thing I had some interesting knitting to keep me occupied. [Have I mentioned how boring a mile of garter stitch is?] And of course the best women skaters were skating last, and I can only assume NBC waited until 10:45 p.m. to broadcast their routines because I didn't wait up.

Seriously annoying.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the snow pics ! Amanda