Saturday, August 11, 2007

Yes, I'm still knitting

Yesterday's run went pretty well, actually. I was on the road by 7:30, did a half-mile warm-up, ran three miles at about a 12-minute pace [I was supposed to do them at an 11:45-minute pace, but oh, well] and did a half-mile cooldown. No road workers offering cold water this time, but I carried a bottle along with me and dropped it at the one-mile mark. It really gave me something to look forward to on the return trip.

Since I've identified this blog as having "a little knitting on the side," I should probably provide a string-and-sticks update every once in a while. Or change the title, but I don't think I'll do that.

I finished the Big Bad Baby Blanket for my new granddaughter when I visited her late last month. It's been washed, folded and tucked away in the closet with all her other blankets – it's too hot in North Carolina for blankets now. They're not even taking outdoor walks in the evenings any more, as they were when I was there. She's doing well, has gained two pounds since her birth and is smiling, cooing and being adorable.

I started a little cardigan for her in Katia Mississippi 3,
a cotton/acrylic blend. The ribbing is grey, and I'm doing a textured stripe pattern in pink, grey and white. I finished the back Thursday and started one of the front pieces yesterday.

On the horizon will be Christmas stockings for the new baby and her parents, which my son requested. I'm planning to use my own entrelac-in-the-round
design.

Right now it's 70 and the humidity is 88%. I don't think it's going to get any better, and tomorrow looks worse. Even though my long runs are supposed to be on Sundays, I think I'll go get it over with now. Just as farmers must make hay while the sun shines, runners must get moving when conditions are comfortable tolerable.

No comments: