- When I'm eating right, I whine because I can't have treats.
- When I eat treats, I whine because I'm screwing up.
- I whine when I don't drink enough water.
- I whine when I spend all day in the bathroom because I drank too much water.
- Running and whining go together like shoes and socks … heh, wasn't that clever? Too hot, too cold, too slow, blah-blah-blah.
Now if I could just delete the whiny sound track in my brain.
The broken things around here are gradually getting fixed. The car is running like a champ. We're taking the watch back to the jeweler on Friday. The commode only needs guts replaced [wouldn't it be great if that's all I needed to lose weight? whinewhinewhine], not a whole new unit. [For the record, I wouldn't begin to know how to install a toilet, but I have replaced the guts several times. One does what one needs to do in the Middle of Nowhere, where plumbers are scarce and handymen are scarcer.]
I'm heading out for a four-mile run. Yesterday was the first running day of the new 13-week training schedule, but since the extension ladder was set up in the bed of our truck and our painter was high atop the ladder, painting the soffit of the two-story garage, I wasn't about to leave the premises. I was supposed to do two miles, but I will do four this morning, because that's what I'm used to doing, and why cut it in half?
It's already wickedly hot with matching humidity and not getting any cooler as tempis fugits.