And I think I definitely looked better a year ago than I do now. The camera doesn't lie. Or maybe the camera I was using then did. The new one? Not so much.
Lots. Of. Work. To. Do.
Even though I no longer belong to eDiets, I still get some of their newsletters. In this morning's missal is this article highlighting the basics most fit people follow. Good advice and nothing we haven't heard before. But hearing and doing are two different things.
In a nutshell, here are the 10 tips [the ones most challenging for me are in purple]:
- Sleep well and wake up naturally.
- Get prepared.
- Exercise in the morning.
- Plan meals.
- Rebound from setbacks.
- Make lasting lifestyle and behavioral changes.
- Separate the psychology of success from self-help snake oil.
- Lose weight and keep it off.
- Use positive self-talk.
- Set and accomplish goals.