Friday, April 28, 2006

Ouch!

Week before last I added some running intervals to my long daily walk. Last week I could barely walk down a step. Running uses the front thigh muscles, apparently, or at least the running I do – flat surfaces and downhill.

So after a week off, I picked up the pace again yesterday. And while I was picking up the pace, I decided to increase my weight lifting efforts by adding a couple of dumbbell moves, and increaseing the number of reps I'd been doing on the bench.

Needless to say, I'm kind of sore today. It's been my experience, though, that getting 'back on the horse,' so to speak, is the best way to work out the kinks. So I'll be heading out as soon as I log off here to go kick my ass again.

I'd rather be an exercise addict than a food addict. [Anyone remember the little schoolgirl in Annie Hall? "I'd rather be a methadone addict than a heroin addict."]

Wow. That's going to get some strange hits.

No comments: