Sunday, April 23, 2006

One sleeve is done!

And I went ahead and seamed the sleeve and side seam, and it looks great. No photo until it's finished, though. Right now it looks like a nice sweater with a bunch of strings hanging all over the place. I even picked up the stitches for the second sleeve last night, while we were watching Good Night and Good Luck.

That movie felt more like a documentary than a feature film, probably because it was only 90 minutes long and was presented in black-and-white. I'm too young to remember the McCarthy-era events, so it was probably more interesting for me than it was for the Spousal Equivalent. And, that's two consecutive Saturdays that we've enjoyed watching a Pay-Per-View movie together. If we make it a regular thing, I think I'll start doing Netflix. There's so little on regular television to watch these days.

We're having guests at Chez MiddleofNowhere today – some friends who've just moved back to the area will be spending the afternoon and staying for dinner. The floor needs a quick once-over with a damp mop before they come, but the rest of the house looks fine. I'll have plenty of time to walk this morning, and I still need to lift weights today.

I didn't do any intentional exercise yesterday at all. I slept 11 hours Friday night, woke up feeling crappy and went back to sleep for about three more hours.
That is so not like me. Spousal Equivalent said I've been pushing myself too hard for too long, and my body had had enough. But I'm back to normal – whatever that is – today, and eager for a nice long walk in the country. We have a possibility of storms later, I think.

We'll be dining on whole wheat pasta with chicken/spinach sausage, mushrooms, onions and peppers, with pesto sauce, and a salad, and I also have fresh pico de gallo to serve with baked tortilla chips for a bit of an afternoon nosh. All of which reminds me that I need to pick up some basil and cilantro plants for my little salsa garden. Got the tomato and pepper plants last week. Now to get them in the ground!

Enough nonsense here ... wishing all both of you a wonderful Sunday!

1 comment:

Debbi said...

Dinner was wonderful, Beth. Nothing beats homemade pesto.