At any rate, the only thing on today's agenda is the floor and a trip to Sam's Club. I went to bed very early last night. Meaning I woke up very early this morning. So I should have plenty o' time to accomplish the tasks before me today.
One of my regular knitblog reads offers this for entertainment: Search Wikipedia for your birthday [sans year] and list three events, three births and three deaths from that day. I'm amazed at all the cool things that have happened on May 25. Here you go:
- 1925 - John T. Scopes is indicted for teaching Darwin's theory of evolution.
- 1935 - Babe Ruth hits his 714th and last home run at Forbes Field in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, setting a baseball record that will stand for 39 years.
- 1961 - Apollo program: U.S. president John F. Kennedy announces before a special joint session of Congress his goal to initiate a project to put a "man on the moon" before the end of the decade.
- 1803 - Ralph Waldo Emerson, American essayist and philosopher (d. 1882)
- 1926 - Miles Davis, American jazz trumpeter (d. 1991)
- 1963 - Mike Myers, Canadian actor and comedian
- 1085 - Pope Gregory VII
- 1261 - Pope Alexander IV
- 1951 - Paula von Preradovic, Croatian-born writer (b. 1887)
I didn't feel like eating yesterday. I suppose because I was so busy I just didn't think about it much. But when I finally came in and settled down to relax for a bit, all I wanted for dinner was Triscuits and cheese. Yesterday's total calorie count was 821 – not all Triscuits and cheese, of course! I hope I can get back on track today. My daughter spoiled me!