Wednesday, April 26, 2006

And for you knitters ...

I'm curious about your knitting libraries, too:

How many knitting books [not magazines] do you own?
0
1-9
10-19
20-29
30-39
40-49
More than 50
Free polls from Pollhost.com

You'll notice this poll's answer choices are much greater in number than those of the weight-loss book poll. I set both polls up based on my own library. Also, I belong to several knitting lists, and I know that knitters collect books almost as avidly as they, er ... we ... collect yarn. I promise I won't have a knitting magazine poll. Who has time to count that high?

I don't participate in any weight-loss lists. I've tried a few out, especially when I was a Weight Watchers Online member, but the messages tended to be simply a listing of what each member ate that day, followed by all the Yahoo garbage at the end of each message, repeated multiple times by the person replying, and sometimes including the last day's digest. Or two.

This also happens on a couple of knitting lists I belong to, but at least the content is [usually] more interesting than what one has eaten the previous day.

So if you know of any interesting, informative, supportive, non-whining weight-loss lists with successful reports and positive attitudes, pass them on! In the meantime, I'll stick with my favorite blogs. The few I have listed in the sidebar are by no means all that I read. Both the weight and yarn management lists need an update. Update: Done!

News flash: I started the push mower yesterday! Not on the first try; it had to sit in time-out while I mowed for an hour on the riding mower. The secret to my success was in pushing the primer button in s-l-o-w-l-y, letting it out even more s-l-o-w-l-y, and repeating that process three times. I'd been rather cavalierly just punching the button in and out, but my mower expert said that wasn't proper priming procedure. Much mowing ensued ... good thing, too, because it rained all night and it's downright cold here in the Middle of Nowhere today!

No comments: