Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Back to the treadmill

At least for today.

I had every intention of doing the Wednesday speed work yesterday, because today's forecast isn't good at all. But it was so cold and so windy yesterday that I ended up doing some weight training and nothing else. [Jen, I read your encouraging comment about five minutes after I completed a 20-minute dumbbell session – including lunges, which I hate doing! Thanks!] Tuesday is a rest day, so I'm on schedule, but now I wish I'd just sucked it up and run outside. I'm not looking forward to six miles on the treadmill today.

And by the way, how can it snow if it's going to be 56 freaking degrees?

I've always thought I had a height problem, rather than a weight problem. I'd be in fine shape if I was 5'10" tall. Oh, and had a large frame. [I have a small frame. Not much I can do to change that. Or my height, either, darn it.] I know the grass is always greener, but I do think tall has way more advantages than short. Fitting comfortably in a compact car just doesn't seem like such a great thing when the rest of your life is spent searching for step stools so you can reach the top shelf.

Do you suppose if I ask and believe, I'll receive a couple extra inches? With my luck they'll end up horizontally on my hips instead of vertically on my spine or legs.

Fifty-two days until race day.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hooray for you on the 20-minute strength training session! I need to do more strength/stretching myself, since an old injury is flaring up because I often go right from my run to the car or couch (after a shower) and neglect the stretching part. The body really reacts badly to that!

Adam said...

Keep up the good work. Less than 2 months to go now.

Lori G. said...

Lunges! Woman, you are dedicated! That's wonderful even if you did hate every minute of it.

I always thought if I could be six feet tall, I'd have less of a weight problem myself. I used to hate being so tall (especially in high school) but now I'm glad.

On the other hand, I was able to hide my fat based on my height a lot longer. Instead of facing the music at, oh 250 pounds, I had to get quite a bit higher before the mirror really pointed out how fat I had become.

I hope the weather's nicer today for you.