Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Coupla things ...

The link I gave for Jane Brody's New York Times article appears to be dead. Thanks for the heads-up, PastaQueen. I'm having trouble getting a direct link to work, as well. Grrrrr. Doncha just love this high-tech stuff sometimes?

Anyway. Go to http://www.nytimes.com. Click the "Health" button on the left side of the page. Look for the link to Jane Brody's "Personal Health" column. The title of the piece is "Exercise = Weight Loss, Except When It Doesn't." Here's a direct link to copy and paste if you need it:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/12/health/nutrition/12brody.html?ref=health

I couldn't get it to work in Mozilla, Firefox G5 or Safari, though.

And to DietGirl: I used to row for an hour, when I was much younger and much fitter. I can do 20 to 30 minutes now, but doubt if I'll ever go back to those marathon rowing sessions.

3 comments:

Darwin said...

The NY Times Permalink generator will let you link to most NY Times articles (no TimesSelect) so the links don't rot.

Debbi said...

Thank you, prorata! That linked worked for me in Mozilla instantly. I'll try to remember to use it again in the future.

M@rla said...

I read the article, and don't think much of it. For every statement made, I can quote a legitimate expert with a conflicting opinion. I mean, I certainly agree that one doesn't burn as many calories as machines claim, but for the rest of the article: who cares. (I am in SUCH a "who cares" mood lately). You have the best kind of expertise, and it trumps whatever anyone else claims: you know what works for you. It WORKS, that is the proof, end of argument.