Monday, January 30, 2006

Why yes, thank you, I am

I got a piece of spam e-mail this morning with the subject line of "are you pathetic."

So it's Monday, and this is Official eDiets Weigh-in Day for me and I gained two pounds.

I checked my food/exercise logs carefully, and calculated that I ate an average of 1088 calories per day. I walked and/or worked out every single day last week. Every Day! I think I figured that last week, when I showed a five-pound loss, I ate about slightly less than 1000 calories each day. So I ate about 700 calories more this week and exercised three days more (I just checked) and gained two pounds? How does that work?

Any normal human being should lose something eating less than 1200 calories a day and exercising every day.

I guess the operative word here is "normal."

I had every intention of posting a progress picture today, but I just can't do it. I feel like there's been no progress at all.

1 comment:

knittingnurse said...

I just found your blog and was scanning through when I read this post. Please don't be so hard on yourself. Remember that as you exercise you will tone up and gain muscle mass. Muscle mass, although leaner, is HEAVIER than fat mass. I am not saying that this is precisely what happened here but it WILL happen as you watch your diet and exercise. So, DON'T GIVE UP! It would be better for you to measure yourself monthly and watch for inches lost rather than pounds lost. (arm, leg, thigh circumferance along with chest, waist and hip). Just some friendly encouragement!