Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Where's that wagon I just fell off of?

It's a good thing I have a sense of humor. I don't always remember to use it, but it's coming in handy today.

I completely fell off the diet-and-exercise wagon yesterday and today. Yesterday I stuck with the food plan, but ditched the workout. Today I made a halfhearted attempt at a workout (20 minutes with The Biggest Loser DVD), and have eaten like it was my last meal.

I learned during my time with Overeaters Anonymous not to name the foods, lest that trigger someone else's binge. So I won't. Suffice it to say I need to stop eating sugar again.

One thing I've been doing that probably isn't such a great idea is fixing something that I don't have to pay much attention to, and then eating it in front of the computer. We play a lot of solitaire here, my computer and I. I think it's a symptom of depression, but I could be wrong about that.

I'm not wrong, though, that I need to put a decent meal on a plate and eat it at a table. I will allow myself to read a magazine while I eat. But I'm vowing right now to stop eating in my office.

Since I spend a good 10 hours a day in the office, that will eliminate a lot of mindless eating!

No comments: