Saturday, January 21, 2006

Dare I say it out loud?

When I weighed myself this morning I was down two pounds. I feel like I'm jinxing myself by writing it down here. That makes four pounds lost since Dec. 29, and that, to me, seems reasonable. Not enough for the amount of food I've eaten (or not) and activity I've accomplished, but enough for my body, which seems to want to stay fat no matter what I do. And believe me, four pounds lost in 24 days still makes me fat. But if I can keep up this rate of loss, I should be svelte by next Valentine's Day.

I'm not saying that to be a smart-ass. I'm going to be living and breathing, God willing, for the next year anyway. If it takes that long to reach this long-sought-after goal, then it takes that long. What else have I got to do with that time? Slow and steady wins the race. Maybe I should choose a turtle for my profile photo, instead of my own pudgy face.

On to the knitting. Here are very bad before and after photos of the two pairs of recently finished clogs. The after photo particularly sucks – bad lighting and I most certainly moved while I hit the shutter. And I should have been more careful about the distance. And I should have had the brown one on the left in both shots. But you get the idea. They're just clogs (men's large, women's medium):











I also finished the cable swatch for the FLAK last night, although I was lazy and only did 12 rows of all the cables. Haven't blocked it yet, so no photo. Second saddle today. Janet says the next installment won't be posted until Tuesday, so I think I'm going to swatch some plain-vanilla light-worsted stash wool for the Diagonal Kimono (scroll down a little to see the photo) from Jamieson's Shetland Knitting Book. I like the four-color version, but might change it to three colors. The gauge is 5spi on size 6 needles using Jamieson's DK. I routinely get 5 spi on size 6 with worsted, so I hope I can get this to work out. I'm just not sure I want a mostly cream-colored jacket, and that's what my stash wool is.

But wouldn't it be elegant in cream with periwinkle and sage accents? And wouldn't I look great in it next Valentine's Day?

No comments: