Thursday, April 26, 2007

Two

A couple [couple, two, get it?] of you have asked if race results will be available somewhere on the web. They will, but I don't know when they'll be posted. Isn't technology wonderful?

Then again, sometimes technology isn't so great. Our water went out this morning. I blithely assumed the only magic I'd have to perform would be a flip of a circuit breaker – a two-mile walk to the pump and back – but nooooooooo. An emergency call to the pump repair wizards, a trip to the laundromat, three hours of labor, 20 feet of well pipe, a new pump and XXXX [yes, four figures] dollars later and we have water once again. For how long? Who knows?

I'm ready to move. Or convert to Amish. Just think of the biceps I could develop pumping my own water!

But I digress.

Two people have been tremendous sources of practical advice and encouragement, and I especially want to thank them. My husband's son, Lee, who I mentioned yesterday, gave me a great deal of reassurance about the logistics of the race. WS, also a racing veteran, has been regularly commenting and cheerleading for quite some time now. I feel like I really can do this. Thanks so very much.

Your comments this week have been so inspiring! Lori and Grumpy's flowers are lovely and will be traveling to Nashville with me, along with all your good thoughts and positive vibes. I'll try to post a "One" tomorrow from Nashville.

Two days until race day.

9 comments:

ws said...

you're welcome. my last bit of advice (and in light of the water problems you mentioned) stay as hydrated as possible for the next 48 hours.

have a safe trip to nashville, enjoy the race and savor that last sprint to the finish line.

(btw, results usually post really quickly at the big races...)

Amy said...

wow, two more days. hope your trip goes well and your run even better!

Adam said...

Go for it. Looking forward to hear of your experience.

Anonymous said...

I'll be cheering you on from Middle America.

MarilynB

PICAdrienne said...

Good luck and best wishes, and relax and have fun. I will be rooting for you (from the depths of my West Coast bed...)

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the race!! I can't wait to see the results. You are definitely an inspriration - if not for me running, at least for my getting out there and moving more.

Jennette Fulda said...

OMG, only two more days! Have fun in Nashville.

M@rla said...

Hey, my septic tank went out yesterday! Obviously there's something going around.

Good luck on the race, chickie! I know you're going to burn up the pavement.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the race! You've got a cheering section down the road in Hotlanta!