Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Mirror, mirror

Denise [who doesn't appear to have a blog, or I would link to her] mentioned in a comment yesterday that working out with weights in front of a mirror was helpful to her. Adding a mirror to my workout space was something Lori also suggested, when she and I first talked about sprucing up that area.

As you might imagine, my first reaction was negative. However, I do have a fairly large framed mirror propped against a wall in a closet, because I have no place to hang it. I suppose I could prop it against the wall in the garage, just to see if I recoil in horror or if it helps to, as Denise said, watch my form without watching my form.

Rowed yesterday, lifted yesterday and worked on a graphic design project yesterday. Each time I get a little freelance job I'm reminded of how much I like to actually do graphic design. It didn't take a lot of time, but it was enough to make me feel creative again.

I noticed that several of you signed the HR 676 petition yesterday. Thanks so much! I hope you'll urge your friends and families to sign it, as well. And if I may wax political once again, the Sentencing Commission heard testimony yesterday urging them to make their recently amended crack cocaine sentencing guidelines retroactive. It's the right and fair thing to do, in my not-so-humble opinion. You can read more about the issue here and here.

Congress has the power to override the Commission's recommendation. Right now it looks as though they won't do that. President Bush has spoken out against the measure; isn't that enough reason to be for it?

I overslept this morning and am a good hour behind my normally slothful schedule. I'd hoped to tackle a few of those housekeeping chores I mentioned the other day, so I'd better, um, get cracking. Heh.

P.S. Kristi asked a music download question yesterday. Could the site I referenced be D.J. Steveboy?

No comments: