Tuesday, June 13, 2006

You make the call

Is it a sports injury? Or a dog bite?

Of course, it's a dog bite, but I got it halfway into my four-mile walking/jogging loop. So it could qualify as a sports injury, couldn't it?

The guilty party usually is chained to his doghouse, but apparently escaped confinement this morning while chasing a cat.

I can only hope he wasn't chasing a rabid racoon.

So I spent the afternoon at the doctor's office – not part of my plan for the day. I couldn't remember the last tetanus shot I'd had, so they made sure I got one. Then they slapped some antibiotic cream on a Band-Aid and sent me on my way.

I'm just glad the doctor could work me in to his schedule; having this taken care of in the Emergency Department probably would have cost 10 times as much! If only I'd had a tetanus injection lying around I could have done it myself.

Oh, and I'll be tucking a couple dog treats in my pocket when I head out to walk today.

Other stuff, not fitness-related …

My DVD client loved the project I did for her. Whew! My best client referrals are from my daughter's mother-in-law, who lives in another state. I had really hoped this business would do well here in the Middle of Nowhere. My thinking was that not many people in the middle of Appalachia have the kind of powerful computers needed to edit photos, mix music and create DVD productions. Well, not only do they not have the computers, they also don't have the money to pay me to do them. Ah, well.

Finally, I need some honest opinions from you knitters out there. I'm tempted to make this jacket, but in a solid color. [I think it looks like a target in multiple colors. But that's just me.] Do you think the whole circular construction method is worth doing in a single color?

3 comments:

M@rla said...

I think that's a very cool jacket, but not sure it's worth doing in a solid color. But - is it possible to do it in a couple colors, where the color change happens in the perpendicular direction, i.e., each "pizza wedge" shape is the different color. That way the color as well as the pattern would be a pinwheel shape, and not look targety.

I only know basic knitting, so I have no idea if that's possible.

Debbi said...

What you're suggesting isn't possible, unfortunately. The knitting starts in the center of a big circle. The 'wedges' are created by increasing at regular points around the circle, so the only way to easily change colors is in a bulls-eye fashion.

I love the shape, though, and I think the only way to do that would be with that circular shape. Might be worth doing the kid-sized one first to see how it all works.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Debbi said...

I love the idea of using a tweed yarn instead of a solid (or solids). Thanks for a great idea!