Monday, June 12, 2006

On the 162nd day,

I rested. I didn't work out, I didn't lift weights, I didn't mop or mow or drive cross-country. I even took a nap, which is very unlike me. All day yesterday, in the back of my mind, I kept telling myself I needed to go do something, but I ended up only doing some typing for the Spousal Equivalent, reading, knitting and playing Scrabble. What a slug!

I lost another pound; wonder if I would have lost two if I'd gone out and hit the road or hoisted a dumbbell or two?

I'm not complaining or whining, though. I thoroughly enjoyed my day off. I'll have to do it again sometime.

Average daily calories this week were only 1110. I need to get that back up to at least 1200. Average minutes of activity were down to 76 per day, and calorie burn was 478 per day. So losing one pound is what I should have expected. [I actually expected to stay the same.]

I took half an inch off each of the Big Three measurements, as well, continuing the slow and steady downward progress, which is the direction I intend to keep going.

The mystery yarn-giver has stepped up and confessed; I knew she was the one! I think she wants the backstory to remain between us, and I'm cool with that. I'm also grateful for her very thoughtful gift.

The book I started reading yesterday is the first in the Harry Potter series, which my nine-year-old granddaughter loaned me. I'm probably the last person on the planet who hasn't read any of them, although I've seen all the films. [Aside: Am I the last person on the planet who has neither read nor seen The DaVinci Code?] I find myself reading Harry Potter with a British accent, especially the Professor McGonagall and Hermione Granger characters.

But I've no desire to knit a Gryffindor scarf. Should you want to, you can find instructions for all four houses here.

No comments: