Friday, November 30, 2007

Knitting and a movie

Added 11/14/12: Before we begin ... I'd like to invite you to visit my new blog at Knit. Run. Reap. Eat. The Wee Santa Hat also is available there, as well as a Garter-Cuff Beanie and my Pretty Comfy Socks, which have been downloaded and knit countless times. Now … back to your regularly scheduled downloading. I hope you enjoy knitting the Wee Santa Hat.

• • • • •

As I said yesterday, I was able to complete the little Santa cap in the time it takes to watch a bad movie. Should you decide to knit one, I would suggest a good movie. Maybe even something seasonal, like A Christmas Story or Miracle on 34th Street – two films I can watch repeatedly.

Blogger doesn't let you upload .pdf files, which would be the easiest way to deliver the pattern. Another Blogger user who knits has come up with an ingenius way to share her patterns, which I am shamelessly stealing here.

If you click on the image on the right and save it to your hard drive, it should be a full-sized, legible page. I can't guarantee the quality of the photo, but hey … it's a Santa hat. It's red with a white cuff and a white ball on the end. What more do you need to know? Lemme know if you run into a problem: shrinkingknitter AT citynet DOT net.

I was in the Christmas spirit yesterday, and shopped 'til I dropped. Why in the world does every girls' nightgown have to have ugly graphics printed on the front of it? Living where I do, with limited selection available, I did the best I could. And then when I got home I discovered I'd bought the wrong size. Hi ho, hi ho, it's back to the mall I go.

I hardly ate a thing yesterday. Wasn't hungry in the morning and didn't stop for lunch. I picked up a turkey wrap at a deli and ate it on the way home, and was happy to finally settle down with my knitting to watch football.

Get well, Brett!

4 comments:

Laura N said...

I love it when TBS runs A Christmas Story for 24 hours. I could leave it on the whole time if it didn't drive my husband insane.

Shopping = not eating. Sounds like a good trade to me.

Have a super weekend!

Grumpy Chair said...

When I shop, I never feel hungry until I get home. I may get a coffee with a little cream as a treat but I can go hours without eating . . . when I am away from home.

At home with a refrigerator and pantry whispering to me . . . total different story.

Our big holiday movies are "A Christmas Vacation" and "Home Alone". Watch them every year and still laughing at all the gags.

I wished I knitted, so I could make that cute adorable hat.

Anne M. said...

Thanks for sharing your little Santa hat pattern. I confess that I've never knit anything more complicated than a 3" bookmark but my mom knits all the time and would love to make little Santa hats.

Sometimes the Christmas mood involves shopping, other times it's baking or card writing or decorating. Or just hearing music we like so we sing along and feel happy. Glad you're off to a good start!

electronic voting system said...

Wow, I love your site, big thank you to these ideas, and note in the first place that I fully agree with you!